Want to have a hustle-free access to the WhatsApp chats? Here’s how you could get notifications right on the lock screen on iPhone, saving you some time to open the app every time.
Step 1: Go to Settings from the home screen.
Step 2: Navigate to Notifications > WhatsApp
Step 3: Once you turn on the Allow Notifications tab, you will find 4 other tabs unfold beneath it.
Step 4: Turn ON the Show on Lock Screen option. (This enables lock screen notifications)
Step 5: Added to this, you may also choose your suitable alert style for when the iPhone is unlocked. You have 3 options-
- None : Doesn’t show notifications when unlocked.
- Banners : Shows notifications in a banner form on the top of the screen, when unlocked.
- Alerts : Shows pop-up notifications as an alert, when unlocked.
Now you will get your WhatsApp notifications on the lock screen of iPhone itself!
*There is a delay in the notifications I receive. How do I fix that?
You might have installed some battery saving apps on your iPhone. These apps sometimes restrict notifications to appear on the lock screen. Try uninstalling the app and check for notifications.
If this doesn’t work, you might have to restore your iPhone.
*How do I enable/disable sound notifications for WhatsApp?
Follow these steps to enable/disable sound notifications:
Step 1: Navigate to Settings > Notifications > WhatsApp.
Step 2: Turn on Allow Notifications.
Step 3: Turn on the Sounds option beneath it.
This shall enable sounds for the WhatsApp notifications you receive. Turn it off to disable sound.
*Why don’t I get WhatsApp notifications? How do I fix it?
Some of the possible reasons that you’re not getting notifications are:
- Your notifications alert might be muted.
- Mute conversations on WhatsApp don’t show notifications.
- The Notification settings in your iPhone might not be figured properly.
- Your iPhone is connected to WhatsApp Web.
- Your phone is not connected to a working internet.
Check on the above reasons. You will find a solution to your problem.