Lets learn how to use cex.io to buy and sell Bitcoins & Cryptocurrency 🙂
The steps to register are as follows:
Step 1: Click HERE and open the CEX website on your browser.
Step 2: At the top right you will find links to Sign In and Register. Click on Register to sign up for a new account.
Step 3: On the registration page you are required to enter your basic credentials like your name, email address, password, mobile number etc. Before you finish, make sure you check mark the little box adhering to the terms and conditions of the website. Once you finish that, the Register button gets activated and you can click on it.
Step 4: Post this, you will be get a verification mail to the email id that you have provided. Once you verify your email id, the website can be accessed.
Step 5: Upon login, You will be asked to complete the 2F Authentication ( Scroll down to FAQ to learn in detail ). Wherein, you will receive an OTP which needs to be entered in.
The verification process usually is quick and your account should be authenticated with the next 2-3 working days.
How to deposit local currency into your CEX.io Account to Trade?
As a part of your initial account setting up process you need to register your credit card providing all the details to make transactions in the future. Once you have tied in your card to CEX.io you are ready to buy bitcoins with the click of a button. A commission of 3.9% is charged along with a surcharge of $0.25, as convenience fee. You can also use SEPA transfers too but they can take a bit longer than your standard bank transfer ( again taking longer depends on where it is from and to ). You can use any Visa or Mastercard issued in any currency!
Step 1: Go to the Finance section in the top menu and click on deposit.
Step 2: Select the type of deposit, which card you want to make it from and how much. This is the amount of dollars you want to deposit at the exchange.
Step 3: Click the deposit button.
Step 4: When the money is in, you can go to the exchange and start buying bitcoin by going to the “Buy/Sell” buttons in the top menu – where you can buy at a fixed price with one click. Alternatively you can go to the “Trade” button in the top menu and start setting orders into the order book and hopefully get a better price!
CEX.io allows you to buy cryptocurrencies in all the 4 major accepted currencies around the world, i.e; USD, EUR, GBP and RUB. The 3 types of crypto that you can buy are – Bitcoins (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and Bitcoin Cash (BCH). The page has 2 separate tabs to carry out the functions of both Buying and Selling.
Here’s how you can buy crypto-
- Select the type of crypto that you want to purchase ( CEX.io like stated earlier facilitates the purchase of 3 major crypto – BTC, ETH and BCH )
- The next step is to select the kind of fiat/crypto that you want to use to buy your crypto currencies. You can purchase
-BTC with USD, EUR, GBP and RUB
-ETH with USD, EUR and BTC
-BCH with USD and EUR
- Select your desired form of currencies on both the ends
- On doing so, the page by default shows the rates for 100, 200, 500 and 1000; you can either click on them or use the option to input a custom amount below based on your preference. (Minimum amounts are set for all the currencies – For BTC minimum transactions are set 0.01)
A similar procedure is followed to sell crypto as well. All you need to do is to select the “SELL” option to sell off your crypto.
(Note: Before you can buy or sell, you need to make sure that your CEX.io wallet has sufficient funds to make the transactions of your choice.)
The Trade tab is ideally the core structure of the platform, it consists of charts that depict the rise and fall crypto in terms of fiat currency. The time period for a refresh can be set based on the person’s preferred choice. On the left side the prices of all the cryptocurrencies are depicted. It updates on a constant basis and gives you the exact values. Shift between the tabs to check the prices for all the Alt-coins
On scrolling further down there’s a resulting box – with three key tabs listed as Limit, Market and Margin Trading. Here is where, you will be Buying / Selling / Trading -or- converting your coins to other coins or USD.
– Lets analyze the Limit Tab first:
- In the limit tab the price of BTC can be fixed in regard to USD.
- Then you can enter the amount of BTC you want to buy.
- The total amount of USD spent will be shown in the total. Click on “Place Order” and you will get designated number of coins in BTC.
- A transaction fee of will be charged.
- The same method is required to sell the BTC to convert it into USD.
Next is the Market Tab:
- In this tab you do not have an option of setting a certain amount for your coins.
- You buy and sell the coins at whatever the current market rate is.
- Rest of the steps are similar to Limit tab.
The third tab is the Margin Trading Tab:
- In this tab a higher and a lower limit can be set for buying or selling of coins.
- If the rate reaches a certain point then the coins can be exchanged but if the rate drops below a certain point then the whole coins can be sold.
- Rest of the steps are same as limit tab.
The Affiliate tab leads you to the Bitcoin Affiliate Program that is being run by CEX.io. It is an initiative to increase its customer base and also gain rewards. On inviting a user to CEX.io renders 30% of the fee on their exchange transactions to the person who referred them.
How does CEX.IO affiliate program work?
1. To participate in CEX.IO Affiliate Program, please read rules on this page and click on “Generate Link” button.
2. Choose a promo tool for sharing your referral link:
- simply copy your referral link
- choose the landing page, where you want to direct users
- choose banners to place on your website or blog
3. Share your referral link or place a banner on your website.
4. Track statistics and efficiency of the traffic you send.
5. Get your reward — 30% of CEX.IOs fee on all trade transactions made by referred users, including all their future purchases/sales.
6. The reward is added to your USD balance automatically once a day for the sum earned 30 days ago. All fees are recalculated to USD equivalent at the moment when transaction is done.
7. Enjoy unlimited rewards! The more users you refer, the more money you earn.
8. Withdraw your rewards directly to your payment card (VISA or MasterCard) or via bank transfer, according to withdrawal procedures and limits of CEX.IO.
Understanding The Website
The home page of the website consists of 3 major tabs which can help you in the process of your cryptocurrency transaction:
- Buy & Sell Bitcoins – Click on this tab to buy bitcoins using either USD or EUR and even sell them for legal government tenders
- Trade Cryptocurrencies – Trade your bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies to stay ahead of various price changes. So to trade your coins click on this tab
- Use CEX.io Wallet – Your wallet is where you can manage all your finances. It is your personal homepage that will display your current balance in both fiat and crypto
Along with these 3 major options, there are direct links to each function on the top left corner. These include the options like;
- Buy/Sell – To buy and sell crypto using USD or EUR
- Trade – Buy other forms of crypto using your existing currency
- Finance – Fund your wallet and add money
- Cards – Manage all your payment cards here – add or delete any of credit/debit cards
- Affiliate – Generate your personal referral link and share to win rewards from CEX.io
Alongside these on the right end, the current value for 1 bitcoin is also specified in both USD and EUR values.
Towards the bottom of the page you can also find a summary of all your financial and general account activity right from the incorporation of your account on CEX.io
CEX.IO Exchange Review:
With the surge of bitcoins and other formidable cryptocurrencies, the market has seemingly adopted this new form of currency that is securing all ends during the event of a transaction. In this post we take a look at one of the most trusted platforms for bitcoin trading known as CEX.io
CEX.io is a London-based cryptocurrency exchange on which you can buy, sell and trade bitcoin, ethereum and bitcoin cash. CEX.io supports fiat currencies — government-issued and -regulated money — like the US dollar, Euro, Russian Ruble and British Pound which you can use to buy and sell cryptocurrencies.
How much of Bitcoins can I send through CEX.IO?
When buying bitcoins on CEX.IO, you need to purchase a minimum of 0.01 BTC to a maximum of 10 BTC. The limits are the same for selling bitcoins.You can withdraw an unlimited amount in bitcoins. This means you can send as many bitcoins to your recipient as you’d like.
However, for fiat currencies, deposit and withdrawal limits vary depending on the type of account you have:
- Basic account – Maximum of $500 daily and $2,000 monthly
- Verified account – Maximum of $10,000 daily and $100,000 monthly
- Verified Plus and Corporate accounts – No limit
Because of these rules, the amount you can send to your recipient will be limited by the type of account you hold.
How to check the current market rates?
In the Trade tab, you will a find a box on the left which will display the current market rates for all the cryptocurrencies against the US Dollar and other accepted fiat currencies. Along side the rates the drop/rise % and the volumes are also mentioned for further clarity.
How important is the address given during deposits or withdrawals ?
Probably the most important thing in Cryptocurrency. However if the address entered is wrong or goes to the wrong coin tab, then there is a high possibility that the money might never come back. Once a transaction is done, it cannot be traced back in cryptocurrency.
Can an Alt coin be converted into another Alt coin on CEX.io?
No, CEX.io offers you to convert most of the Alt coins from BTC or vice-versa. Neverthless to convert an Alt coin to another Alt coin, it is generally advisable to convert the coins into BTC and then convert it to the desired other Alt coin. BTC as an intermediate always works because all Alt coins can be converted to BTC.
Hope you have learnt How To Use CEX.io To Buy And Sell Bitcoins. Do post your queries below and we’ll get back to you with the solutions as soon as possible.
How is CEX.io’s exchange rates compared to other platforms?
The Exchange rates on CEX.io are set by trading activity on the platform, so they’re often very reasonable. If you’re concerned about fees, look more closely at CEX.io’s fees for buying and selling bitcoin — they will be the main reason you’ll lose money throughout your transfer.
How to Transfer Bitcoins from CEX.IO to Binance?
How to convert Bitcoins to Ripple coin?
How to convert Bitcoins to Ether?