A detailed step by step instruction on How to fix Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 Poor Battery Life Issue.
Step 1: Close or uninstall applications to improve battery life.
- Some apps run in the background when you are not using them.
- Also, some apps consume more power than others.
- Some apps come pre-loaded on your device and you can’t uninstall them.
1. Go to Settings and look for System.
2. In the System options, tap Battery.
3. Tap the application you want to close or uninstall.
– To close (turn off) an application: Tap Force stop.
– To uninstall (remove from device) an application: Tap App info > Uninstall, and then OK.
Step 2: If you do not see any app or software there, next make sure that every software update is up-to-date.
1. To do that, go to Google Play Store > Swipe across from the left side of the screen > Tap on My apps
2. If an update is available, follow the prompts to install the update.
Step 3: Safely remove your SD card: There can be instances where an app(stored in SD Card) can not be stopped using the instructions above. In such a case you need to remove SD card so as to stop the app. For safely removing SD card follow the steps below:
1. From the home screen, tap the Menu
2. Tap Settings.
3. Scroll to and tap Storage.
4. Scroll to and tap Unmount SD card.
5. Tap OK.
6. Remove the SD card.
Step 4: Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset restarts your device and does not erase any of your content or data.
1. Press and hold the Power button until your device turns off.
2. Release the Power button to turn your device back on.
* Do charging methods have an impact on battery life?
Generally an electronic hardware device like a battery has limited numbers of charging and discharging cycles. If possible try to drain the battery as much as possible for optimum usage and then try to charge it fully in a single charging attempt. This will make your phone’s battery last long. At the same time try not to use your phone while it is being charged.
* Do apps still use Wi-Fi, even after I turn it OFF?
Yes they can. Some applications like Google Play have a permission to search for Wi-Fi networks even when the Wi-Fi is turned OFF. You can turn it OFF completely by following steps below:
Settings >Tap on Wi-Fi > Tap to see the options> select Advanced> tap on Scanning always available to turn it OFF.
* How can I increase my battery life by simple methods?
Everyone complains about the battery life on their smartphone. The more you want your phone to do, the more juice it’s going to need.
Try using the Battery Saver feature via Settings > Battery. It will help you squeeze a little more out of your Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 when the battery falls to 15 percent, by reducing brightness, screen timeout, and turning off background syncing.
* Can I change the battery of my Tab? How?
The battery of a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 is a non removable battery. Hence it is advised that if you wish to change the battery of your tab you visit a Samsung store and get your battery replaced. For enthusiastic users who wish to do it by themselves here is how you can do it:
* Are there any Apps that can help me in Solving the Battery life issue?
Many a times a battery saver application itself causes your android phone to slow down. Here is a list of some good android apps that can be of some help: 1. Greenify 2. Go Battery Saver & Power Widget 3.DU Battery Saver & Phone Charger
* My Tab overheats sometimes. Will it impact the battery life?
Battery life depends more on the number of charging and discharging cycles. Hence, it is advised to use full cycles of the battery as much as possible. Although overheating may not effect battery life drastically, but it sure has an impact on the battery life as it occurs due to sudden high usage(charging or discharging) of the battery. It will be better if you could avoid getting your tab being overheated. Having a tight closed case on your tab may be another reason for it getting overheated ( as the case is not allowing the heat to escape the body of the tab )
* Will my battery life be impacted if I drop my Tab often?
If it happens frequently, there might get be loose connections at a very small scale, which can interfere with the performance of the battery. It is highly recommended to avoid any such situations.
* How do I go into Battery saving mode?
For toggling Battery saver mode: Go to Settings > Look for Battery option under Systems > Select Battery. Now you can see Battery Saver option and it can be switched on or of with a single tap.