Find the screen lock options on the Galaxy Tab
Lock screen security is set on the Set Screen Lock window. Here’s how to get there:
- From the Home screen, touch the Apps Menu button.
- Choose the Settings app.
- Choose Lock screen.
- Choose Configure Screen Lock.
- If a screen lock is already set, you must trace the pattern or input the PIN or password to continue.
The Configure Screen Lock window lists five types of lock settings:
- Off:The screen doesn’t lock. Even the Unlock button and locking ring doesn’t show up. Choosing this option disables all locks.
- Not Secured:The Tab simply uses the standard locking screen: Slide the Unlock button to the unlocking ring. Choosing this option disables the Pattern, PIN, and Password locks.
- Pattern:To unlock the Tab, you must trace a pattern on the touchscreen.
- PIN:The Tab is unlocked by typing a personal identification number (PIN).
- Password:You must type a password to unlock the Galaxy Tab.
Create an unlock pattern screen lock on the Galaxy Tab
One of the most common ways to lock the Tab is to apply an unlock pattern: The pattern must be traced exactly as it was created to unlock the device and get access to your apps and other Galaxy Tab features.
- Summon the Configure Screen Lock screen.
- Choose Pattern.
If you’ve not yet set a pattern lock, you may see a tutorial describing the process; touch the Next button to skip the directions.
- Trace an unlock pattern.
- Touch the Continue button.
- Redraw the pattern for verification.
- Touch the Confirm button.
And the pattern lock is set.
Ensure that a check mark appears by Use Visible Pattern on the Location & Security window. The check mark ensures that the pattern shows up. For even more security, you can disable the option, but you have to be sure to remember how — and where — the pattern goes.
Set a Galaxy Tab PIN
A PIN lock is a code between 4 and 16 numbers long. It contains only numbers, 0 through 9. To set a PIN lock, choose PIN from the list of locks in the Configure Screen Lock window.
Use the onscreen keyboard to type your PIN once, and touch the Continue button. Type the PIN again to confirm that you know it. The next time you turn on or wake up the Tab, you’ll need to type that PIN to get access.
Assign a password for your Galaxy Tab
The most secure way to lock the Galaxy Tab is to apply a full-on password. Unlike a PIN, a password can contain numbers, symbols, and both upper- and lowercase letters.
Set a password by choosing Password from the Configure Screen Lock window. The password you select must be at least four characters long. Longer passwords are more secure.
Is there any timer available, so that we can customize the lock option according to convenience?
Yes, two ways for timer options are available:
- Sleep: when you do not use your phone then it goes on sleep mode, this feature allows greater battery extent. You can access the phone just by sliding on the screen i.e. ‘swipe to unlock’
- You can enable this by going to, Setting> Display > Sleep (select the desired time frame)
- Automatically Lock: This feature is enabled only after the sleep mode ends. Here you will need the security optionthat you selected to protect privacy of your device, i.e. password, PIN or face lock.
- To automatically lock your devices, go to,
- Setting > under setting select Security
- Then tap on automatically lock (select the desired time frame)
What to do, if I forget my personally set access code to unlock the android device?
You can log in and reset the details. If your phone is synchronized to your Google account, you can follow the following steps to unlock the device.
- Visit Google.com from computer
- Complete the authentication process by login in with your Gmail account email id and password
Once you are logged in, use that information to unlock your handset using the procedure of recovery password.