The below easy steps will help you leverage Neighbourly: Ask Local Questions & Get Answers App effectively.
How to install Neighbourly: Ask Local Questions & Get Answers App
You can install Neighbourly: Ask Local Questions & Get Answers App on your mobile from Play Store for Android. To start using the app, you could use any of the email accounts that you have set up on your mobile device. The name displayed in the app will also match with the name as per email credential. When the app launches, you must allow access to the device’s location.
Features of Neighbourly: Ask Local Questions & Get Answers App
Neighbourly: Ask Local Questions & Get Answers App essentially helps you connect with other folks who are in your neighborhood and get your queries answered. You can imagine the power of this app, requiring no relationship to be required between parties and free suggestions.
To summarize the features of Neighbourly app:
- Ask a question: You are enabled to ask a pressing question or some convenience which helpful folks in your vicinity can answer or guide you. For example, you want to know where to look for a good orthopedic doctor, just ask and await a reply.
- Answer a question: Build your merit by answering precisely your neighbor’s query or concern. Remember that you have to keep your questions and answers decent. There are provisions to report spam or abuse and legal issues.
- Follow question: This feature is similar to managing favorites. Just follow a question and avail follow-up.
- Add neighborhood: You can follow developments in other neighborhoods for greater outreach.
- Dashboard to track Followed, Asked and Answered: Your easy all-in-one tracking destination.
- Your updates: A heads-up area to follow-up on answers to your questions.
Asking questions and getting replies
Step-by-step procedure to ask questions:
STEP 1: With your choice of neighborhoods, click on ‘ASK A QUESTION’.
STEP 2: Write the question. Try to make your question well framed and brief. Click on Post button to broadcast your question.
STEP 3: You can also cancel posting the question by clicking on the Cross option in the top left corner.
Step-by-step procedure to answer questions:
STEP 1: You will see questions posted appearing as a cascade and you are free to answer any of the questions.
STEP 2: Click on ‘ANSWER’. Write the answer and click on ‘Send’. You can also record your voice and answer the question if you feel voicing out is more effective than writing.
Step-by-step procedure to make use of dashboard:
STEP 1: You can access the dashboard to track Followed, Asked and Answered by clicking on the profile button located on the top left.
STEP 2: You will see 3 sections ‘Followed’, ‘Asked’ and ‘Answered’. There are also some placeholders like Medals which are just to pep you up for answering questions and other initiatives.
STEP 3: These sections are your storehouse to easily track which questions you follow, your asked questions and others who have answered your questions.
STEP 4: There is also a Settings button (which looks like a gear) located on the top right. There are some global options for the app. You can even sign-out from the current account.
Step-by-step procedure to make use of ‘Your updates’:
STEP 1: Click on ‘Your updates’ options which looks like a bell located in the top right corner.
STEP 2: You have sequential access to answers which other users have posted against your questions.
Step-by-step procedure to use ‘Your neighborhoods’ option:
STEP 1: When you initially launch the app, in the top center you will see your locality.
STEP 2: When you click on it, you will see the option to ‘Add neighborhood’.
STEP 3: When you click on ‘Add neighborhood’, you have a choice to select a neighborhood suggested in the vicinity or see all localities with ‘SEE ALL’ option.
STEP 4: When you add a neighborhood, you become a part of the questions of that forum.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What could be the best use case of Neighbourly app that I can leverage? Can it help solve my queries?
Please note Neighbourly app by Google is an excellent resort to getting quick answers which you felt no one around is answering effectively. While what we can advise is not to be bound by the answers, they are a push to get you started and do better research.
2. What are the typical types of questions that users ask?
Users generally ask questions that help them find something close to where they stay. For example, is there a good eye doctor or a physician close to an area. You can also leverage this forum for a digital marketing outreach in case you are on the lookout to buy or sell.
3. Since this is an open forum, are there security concerns and propriety requirements?
Yes, both security concerns and propriety requirements are present. Do not reveal any personal details that could harm your identity. Also always keep your questions and answers decent plus non – abusive. You can potentially be reported for violation of good behavior.
Additional information about the app as presented in the store is as below: