Looking for movie recommendations this weekend? Learn how to use movie recommendations app Moviebase easily.
Opinion: I know there’s IMDB, but give this one a try. Moviebase is slick and quickly gets you an overview of the movie or series you are about to watch. If you are planning to watch something over the weekend but find it hard to pick one, their curated list could be of help. Moviebase also displays movie scores from different platforms like IMDB etc to help you decide. The app is easy to navigate and discover new movies.
Moviebase mostly gets their data from TMDB and there’s also a strong community of users worldwide who share their honest reviews about TV series & films that launch.
So, What does the Moviebase app have?
The app has both free and premium features that you could check out and purchase if you’re interested.
- Discovery – Discover new movies and series through this section, all of them have a brief synopsis, users & critics rating and other information. You can find a movie by going through your favorite actors, genres etc.
- Recommendations – Recommendations section is based on movies that you may like based on the data provided by other users among other parameters.
- Movie Ratings – Ratings are contributed by users who have already watched the movie.
- Community – The Community on Moviebase is active and reviews every movie actively to help you decide. Once you have watched something, you could discuss it too.
- Collections – Collections are curated lists that the editors of the app push out every now and then based on popular trends or events in the movie industry (Ex. Oscars 2020)
- Watchlist – If you found something useful, you can put something on your watchlist and can add it under the watchlist. You can later get reminded or can access it under your profile.
- Reminders – Keep track of when a series or movies launch and get reminded through the app.
- Statistics (Premium) – Available as a premium feature, Statistics displays your watching pattern and other cool statistics based on the content you have watched throughout the year.
How to use movie recommendations app Moviebase to find interesting content?
Step 1: Download the Moviebase Android app here. The maker says that the iOS version would launch soon.
Step 2: Create an account on the Moviebase app.
Step 3: You can use the free version or purchase the premium version to customize the layout and add reminders etc.
Step 4: Once logged in, you will see the home screen of the app. To get recommendations you can either search for a specific movie based on a particular genre and skip to Step 7
Step 5: Decide on the genre of the movie you would like to watch. Tap on the Discover icon from the bottom menu.
Step 6: Tap on the section that interests you to view a list of movies. Pick one that interests you.
Step 7: The app will show you the movie’s synopsis and other details. Below the synopsis, you will see a Recommendations tab. Tap on it to view all the recommended movies.
Next to it, you would also see a tab called Similar. The difference between these two is that the ‘Similar’ tab will show you movies from the same genre, but the Recommendations section takes other parameters into consideration before displaying movies under it.
Know any other movie recommendations app that you’d like us to cover, do mention it in the comments section below.