A quick guide on How to use Letgo App:
Step 1: Open the Play Store / App Store on your mobile phone & type “Letgo” in the search bar ( Or visit the official site HERE )
Step 2: In the search results displayed below, Tap on “letgo: Buy & Sell Used Stuff” app.
Step 3: Tap on the Install button ( If your mobile prompts with any messages, hit OK ).
Step 4: You will see the app getting downloaded & installed ( will take a few minutes, based on your internet speed ).
Step 5: Once the app is installed, Tap on the Open button.
So once you’re done with the installation part, it’s time to move onto the next bit of using the app.
Post the installation of the app on your phone, it’s time to get ready to sell or buy products from the marketplace. First up, you have to fill in your basic credentials to sign up for the app. Alternatively you can even use your existing Google or Facebook account to sign up as well. This process will enable you to create your own account, which will recognize the future transactions that you commit to on the app.
The second stage of your account verification is a bot check. Follow the instructions that are given on the app.
Once you’re done with this step, the app will take you to the home page. Here you can either put your item up for sale or go through the list of items that are already up for sale around you.
Verifying Your Account.
In order to chat on the app you need to verify your profile. Although you can continue to buy and sell on letgo even if your account isn’t verified. Verifying your profile generates trust from both the buyers and sellers.
Follow these steps to verify your account:
· Go to your profile
· Tap the “Build Trust” button that appears under your profile picture
· Follow the instructions in the app
If you are trying to verify your profile via the verification email, you will usually receive the email within a couple of minutes of requesting it. Usually it may take up to 45 minutes. Also, make sure to check your spam folder. If you still haven’t received the email, you can send a new request.
Understanding The App.
On the homepage you can find all the popular items that for sale around you. The app shows you suggestions based on your location. Also present on the homepage are other options like:
- “Sell Your Stuff“
Let’s take a closer look as to what these different Icons and Tabs are, and how we can put them to use.
The menu option is the core of this app, where you have different options to enhance your selling and buying experience.
The options that are present here are:
- Profile: This page gives you a basic overview of all the products you have put up for sale, the ones you have sold, bookmarked etc. You even have the option to edit your profile as well. The gear icon on the top right corner will assist you with that.
- Browse: This section is the homepage of the application and it shows you all the different items that are available for sale around you. You can click on an item that you like and the corresponding page will provide you with more details regarding the product.
- Sell Your Stuff: Selling your products has never been easier. Click on this option to sell your product that no longer has any use for you. The process starts by first clicking a few photos and later filling in the details about the product.
- Chat: This is where all the communication happens between the buyer and the seller. The app provides separate tabs for when you’re a buyer and also for when you’re selling. You even have a special “BLOCKED USERS” tab to view the spam messages.
- Notifications: The option shows you all the updates pertaining to any product that interests you. All updates and latest news from the creators will be shown here.
- Categories: Here you can search for products under specific heads like Electronics, Free Stuff, Cars and Motors etc. This avoids cluttering of products and thereby you can search for your wanted products easily.
- Invite Facebook Friends: This option enables you to broaden your network by inviting your facebook friends to join the app. By doing this you can build a community and sell amongst yourself. For this, you will have to link your facebook account to your profile.
- Help: The “Help” option enables you to come across solutions for the various problems that you’d perhaps face while using the application.
On the homepage are 2 other icons. They are;
- Search: This option enables you to search for any specific item that you want to buy. You can also enter the categories under which you would like to search for a product.
- Filter: You can choose to refine search result with the help of options such as Location, Categories, Distance, Posted Within, Price and Sort by. Once you have entered in all these details tap on “Apply”. If you want to erase all the changes you have made, tap on “Reset”.
How To Sell On Letgo?
So if clearing the junk and making more space at your home is your motive, look no further than Letgo!
All you have to do is download the app, create a profile and tap the Camera icon. Select a picture from your gallery or take a featured photo that clearly shows the item. Set a reasonable price or leave it as negotiable and tap the “Done” button.
To upload additional photos, a title, a description or a category, tap “Add more details”.
You can list as many items as you want!
Please note that the item description cannot include personal information such as:
· Phone number
· Email address
· Postal address
· Web addresses (URLs)
Although professional sellers are allowed to use letgo, the platform is basically meant for local buying and selling between individuals.
How To Buy On Letgo?
Buying on letgo is very easy:
Explore the different categories or browse the home page for interesting items. When you see something you like, tap the item and start a chat with the seller by tapping the chat button at the bottom of the item’s photo.
Or, you can tap the “Search” icon (look for the magnifying glass) and enter the name of the product you want to buy.
When you find the item you’re looking for, chat with the seller to learn more about the product or to make an offer. After that, it’s up to you and the seller to agree on a price and where to meet up to carry out the exchange.
Letgo prohibits the sale or publication of any illegal products in terms of the law, statute or regulation to local, state, provincial, national, or international law.
Here are a few examples of things that aren’t allowed:
· Pets and animals
· Weapons and related items
· Photos that don’t clearly show the item
· Products that infringe copyright or trademark laws
· Perishable items (food, for example)
· Photos or text containing a reference to another website, app or merchandise
· Defective or poor quality items
· Items in violation of good manners, law or legal restrictions
· Products that are published as “free” but with no intention of giving them away for free
· Items that do not have a realistic price
Shipping Of Items:
Due to safety reasons, the company discourages its sellers from shipping their items to buyers, as well as paying for items in advance and receiving them via shipment.
Buyers and sellers are encouraged to meet in person to exchange the item and cash payment. Choose a public place like a coffee shop, supermarket or mall to complete the transaction and pay in cash, avoiding money orders and certified cheques.
About Letgo & The App (Review):
Letgo’s free mobile app is an incredibly fast and easy way to buy and sell secondhand stuff in your own neighborhood. Letgo helps you turn unwanted items around your house into cash, plus find great deals on a wide variety of cool items nearby, from electronics and video games to children’s toys, sneakers and fashion accessories.
With Letgo, you can literally post an item for sale in seconds, plus browse what’s for sale in your area, and chat instantly and privately with other buyers and sellers. With cutting-edge features like image recognition, you don’t even have to add a title to your post!
It’s easy to get started. First and Foremost:
– Download letgo on your smartphone from either the Google Play Store (for Android) or the App Store (for iPhone).
– Sign up with letgo by providing a valid email address, a password and a photo and get shopping!
With over 10 million downloads on the Google Play Store, this application is slowly creating the buzz in its segment. The company primes its app as a money making app by clearing out the junk at your homes. The app has featured in journals like TechCrunch, Wired, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Apartment Therapy and others.
Another highlight of the app is that, it made headlines by falling under the “Best Apps of 2016” category by Google. So in conclusion, It’s time to snap, post chat and sell. It’s time to Letgo!
Hope you learnt how to use Letgo app for buying and selling online. If you have any questions, let us know in the comments section below.
Where can I get a good Letgo clone script app?
In our knowledge, we know of a good Letgo clone script app being developed by the folks at PRIME FUSION. You can contact them HERE.
How to use Letgo app on Windows Mobile phone?
How to use Letgo app for renting used items?
Who are the competitors of Letgo?
How to use Letgo app in India, UK, Australia, Canada and Singapore?