Ever wondered about starting a Blockchain powered food ordering platform? Building a distributed food ordering platform is now possible.
Did you know? Running a food ordering platform on the blockchain can be efficient and if the platform has its own cryptocurrency, You (the owner of the platform) and your users can both benefit from the reduced transaction fees that it would facilitate. As the value of the platform would increase as the value of the cryptocurrency increases.
- Food delivery business has grown at a staggering rate of 150% in the recent years globally.
- Food delivery is a perennial market and food ordering through the internet is booming across the world. Millenials and even their parents are open to the idea of ordering food online.
- The blockchain is distributed, this would make it faster for you to launch in multiple countries without much financial paperwork and complications. You could choose to go with a popular blockchain and then bring in your own cryptocurrency on the platform.
- In a region where there aren’t many competitors who offer cryptocurrency as a payment method, starting a service that offers such an option would give you the First Mover advantage!
- The platform As the owner of the platform, the more variety of restaurants you partner with determines the success of the platform. That’s the most important thing that would bring in more users which is equal to more money.
- Platform’s own Cryptocurrency If the platform has its own cryptocurrency and an exchange where people can buy more cryptocurrencies of the platform or sell it for any other cryptocurrency of their choice would fetch the platform owner a fee for these transactions.
- Convenience Fee For all the successful orders that are placed, the platform owner can charge a small convenience fee to keep the service and the platform running.
- Restaurant Inventory Each restaurant has a separate inventory to maintain, people keep buying the food items if they are available. Once the inventory is sold out, automatically, the system makes the item unavailable.
- Location-based Food ordering Only restaurants which are nearby to a user will be shown, based on their location and they will be able to order. This avoids confusion.
- Order tracking As the status of the order is updated, the system notifies the customer of the order status.
- Affordable solution Blockchain technology will be of benefit to the customers where they can use the platform with lesser transaction fee with every order, compared to the other traditional providers.
- Feedback system All the feedback received from the customers and the delivery personnel are stored on the blockchain.
- Restaurant POS The restaurants you partner with need to keep track of the online orders, a restaurant Point of sale module would help them to keep track of incoming orders.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)