As technology has moved ahead of time with its sophistication and complexity, there arises a need for simplicity. We often realize the value of something, only when we don’t have it; and thus sprouted the idea of Simplenote! Simplenote, like the name suggests is all about simplifying your notes. With a few clicks, you are all set to note down all the important information on your smartphone. In this post, we’ll understand How To Use Simplenote App.
Let’s get started;
Step 1: Open the Play Store / App Store on your mobile phone & type “Simplenote” in the search bar ( Or visit the official site HERE )
Step 2: In the search results displayed below, Tap on “Simplenote” app.
Step 3: Tap on the Install button ( If your mobile prompts with any messages, hit OK ).
Step 4: You will see the app getting downloaded & installed ( will take a few minutes, based on your internet speed ).
Step 5: Once the app is installed, Tap on the Open button.
Getting Started; How To Use Simplenote App.
The home page of the application has a very simple interface with no gimmicks and goes straight to the point. It contains a simple welcome note, with all the instructions that are required for one to use the application. On the home page are three different options that one can use, they are:
- Create New Note
- Menu – The Menu is basically a drop – down list with, three options under it. “All Notes”, “Trash” and “Settings”. You can choose to backup your notes to use them on the web and sync them with other devices by signing up on the app.
- Search – With this option you can search for all the notes that you have written, by typing the name or title of the note in the search box and press ok!
- Create New Note – Every time you wish to create a new note, click on the blue icon at the bottom right corner and write away that important piece of information or your thoughts in general.
The 4 options on the top of the workspace are;
- Retrieve History
- Pinning Details
– Retrieve History: This option pulls up a list of all the past notes that you have published, if you want to edit or share or even delete for that matter.
– Share: Once you are done editing your note, you can choose to share your note through the different messaging platforms with others, or even copy the written content to your clipboard for future use.
– Pinning Details: In this option, you can choose to pin the note and prioritize it according to your need. You can even “Enable Markdown” option here.
– Delete: If you’re not satisfied or you’re done with the note, you can delete the file by pressing this option.
( To categorize your notes, you can add tags to each note that you publish. This will enable you to access the files or notes whenever needed easily, as it would be categorized under each heading of tag word. )
What makes Simplenote unique and great?
- Use It Everywhere: Your notes stay updated across all your devices. No buttons to press. It just works.
- Stay Organized: Find notes quickly with instant searching and simple tags.
- Work Together: Share a list, post some instructions, or publish your thoughts.
- Go Back In Time: Your notes are backed up when you change them. Just drag the version slider to go back in time.
- Instant Search: Type what you’re looking for, and your list updates instantly. You’ll never misplace an important thought again.
- It’s Free: Backups, syncing, sharing — it’s all completely free.
Here’s a quick list of things that you could use Simplenote for!
- Agenda notes for coworkers, family, friends.
- Tasks (personal or shared).
- Blog post drafts.
- Tracking data that doesn’t need to be displayed in pretty graphs.
- Health notes and details, so that you can discuss issues to your doctor, dentist, or optometrist with confidence.
- Restaurants Reviews and Addresses. (A whitelist. These dishes are delectable! Or, a blacklist. That place was not good.)
- Business hours of places you frequent (e.g. stores, malls, mechanic).
- Late–night sparks of inspiration.
- Reminders – Birthdays, Wedding Anniversary etc.
One major advice while using this application, would be to date every note that you are publishing for easier access when you want to review it in the future for any purposes.
Hope you have learnt How To Use Simplenote App. In case of queries and doubts related to this application, please feel free to contact us and we’ll get back to you with solutions asap. Do comment and share you views in the comment section below!
Happy Thoughts Organizing!
– How is Simplenote different from Evernote?
– How to uninstall / Delete Simplenote?
– How to use Simplenote app offline?
– Where can I get a Simplenote clone script app?