This article explains in detail on How Google Keep Works and How To Use Google Keep App!
1: Open the Play Store / App Store in your mobile phone & type “Google Keep” in the search bar.
2: In the search results displayed below, Tap on Google Keep app.
3: Tap on the Install button ( If your mobile prompts with any messages, hit OK ).
4: You will see the app getting downloaded & installed ( will take a few minutes, based on your internet speed ).
5: Once the app is installed, Tap on the Open button.
What is Google Keep?
In short or in simple words, Google Keep is a automatic syncing notepad that connects across all the Google platforms. What it does best is that it supports photo notes, voice notes and checklists. In short Google Keep is that app, that lets you quickly jot down text content and save those notes along with with media rich content like photos, voice memos, and checklists to your Google Drive. You can access them via any web-connected device you use.
It is the perfect solution for spontaneous note-taking on your Android phones! A few of those important listings like shopping items, addresses etc, never again needs to be clumsy. It can be used along with you business domains as well.
Understanding How To Use Google Keep App
The landing page of the application is as simple as it can get. The options are crafted in such a way that every user can get across it without much trouble. The tools on the application are divided into two segments. One at the top and the other at the bottom.
The top segment has the following options
- Arrangement of Notes (Style)
The “Menu” option is a one stop destination to view all your Notes and Reminders. You can link your Google account/profile here as well. It also has options like “Archive” and “Trash“.
– Search – You can use this option to search all the notes and reminders that you can written in the past. Filter the content by using the title that you gave, while preparing the new content.
– Arrangement of Notes (Style) – You can arrange your notes in different styles by tapping on this option. Based on what’s pleasing to your eyes you can view them.
The second set of options are found on the bottom end.
- “Take a note…“
- Record Audio
- Add Image
– Take a note – Initiate a new note by tapping on this option. For every note, you’ll have to provide a title and later proceed with the body or the content.
– List – This option is used to create check lists that are useful while going shopping, planning etc.
– Record Audio – This option is self explanatory. Record audio clips while in an interview or conference and use it later to encode into presentations and prepare notes.
– Add Image – Make a new note by using images directly from your phone’s gallery or camera. Use this option to make your note more lively.
What Makes Google Keep Unique
As a matter of fact, Google Keep is not the first in this segment. Although largely under valued, this app has slowly made its way up to competitors like Simplenote, Evernote etc. Besides the normal agenda of making notes, recording audio, keeping images Google Keep may have a lot of features that you aren’t aware of.
- Firstly, Google Keep is lighting fast! Everyone loves being fast, and it is no different while coming to this app as well. Adding quick-notes is as simple as tapping the text box at the top of the window. Just below the quick note field are the individual buttons for text notes, checklists, voice notes, and images, and adding each of them is just as quick. You do not have to tap or switch views just to add different types of notes nor to view them.
- Secondly, adding a voice note has never been easier. What’s better with Google Keep is that, once you are done recording the voice, it automatically converts the voice to text format. It also attaches the original voice recording to the note so you can play it back and hear yourself. This is a pure game changer and with Google already knowing how to do speech-to-text well, this was a no brainer!
- Thirdly, Sync your data with Google Drive. Never fear again about losing out on your data or your the precious time that you spent curating them. One of the major advantages of this app being from the house of Google is that you are always connected to the Drive via your phone or web. Everything that you store will be available in Drive within seconds.
- Fourthly, The Search and Archive option makes things easier! Archive all the content that arguably have no use to you, once you’re done with it. This is reliving the old Gmail memories. They’ll be easily searchable if you ever want to find them again. The app also has a universal search option that fits wells for both titles and content as well.
- Finally, The Unique Home Screen Widget. Keep’s widget combines your notes and the ability to quickly add new notes without opening the app first. Thereby it makes a very good argument for you to, make some space for it on your home screen!
So in Short,
Capture what’s on your mind
• Add notes, lists and photos to Google Keep. Pressed for time? Record a voice memo and Keep will transcribe it so you can find it later.
Share ideas with friends and family
• Easily plan that surprise party by sharing your Keep notes with others and collaborating on them in real time.
Find what you need, fast
• Color and add labels to code notes to quickly organize and get on with your life. If you need to find something you saved, a simple search will turn it up.
Always within reach
• Keep works on your phone, tablet, computer and Android wearables. Everything you add syncs across all of your devices so your thoughts are always with you.
The right note at the right time
• Need to remember to pick up some groceries? Set a location-based reminder to pull up your grocery list right when you get to the store.
Google Keep App Review
The interface is colorful and easy to use. Those colors are actually organization tools that make it easy to tell your personal notes apart from your work-related ones, or your family-related ones, and so on. Google Keep’s shallow learning curve, the Android app, the web interface, and the the Google Keep Chrome App all make getting it into your regular workflow easy, regardless of whether you prefer taking notes on the desktop or on your Android phone or tablet. Bottom line? If you’re not using a syncing note-taking app yet, Google Keep could be the productivity and organizational tool for you.
Hope you have learnt How To Use Google Keep App 🙂
Do share your thoughts in the comments section below and shoot us your queries, Happy Organizing!