Here’s a quick guide on How To Sell On Souq.
A few days back Amazon acquired Middle East’s biggest marketplace Souq, in an attempt to revamp its operations in the Arab countries. Based out of Dubai, Souq connects people and products and opens up a world of possibility. Souq sells a wide range of products at very competitive rates. Driven by the latest technology, everything that Souq does is designed to put the power directly into the shoppers hands and thereby giving its customers the freedom to shop however, whenever and wherever they like.
Souq is a brand that is trusted by millions, and with the tag of being a home-grown company the fame just gets bigger. Souq strives to get their customers the best deal possible, with an exceptional service that makes shopping easy and seamless as possible.
Getting Started – How To Sell On Souq
Like every other marketplace you have to register yourself as a seller before you starting selling your products. You can start your registration process from by clicking HERE.
The process of registration involves the following main steps;
- Contact Information
- Account Verification
- Order Pickup Location
- Store Name
- Registration Overview
Each step involves a series of procedures which need to be followed strictly in order to comply with the rules and regulations that are mentioned on the portal. Once your seller account is initiated, you can proceed to the next steps that involves listing of your products and selling them.
Selling on Souq
1. Listing of your products / items.
- Product Type – Select the right category that your product belongs to. You can utilize the search box option from above or even select the exhaustive list of options that are provided below.
- Selecting The Product – Once your product type is confirmed, the system will generate a list of the matched products from the Souq.com Catalog. From here you simply choose the product that you want to list. You can also refine your search by typing in the exact batch number or the series.
- Listing Products (Catalog Existing) – If you have selected your product from the existing catalog list on the the portal you do not have to do anything further with regards to any product details like specifications, characteristics, images, model, color, description etc. Fill in the details of your offer information like price, quantity in stock, condition, your SKU etc.
- Listing Products (Catalogue Non Existing) – If the product that you wish to sell is not available on the catalogue provided by the website, simply click on the “Add New Product” option and enter the product details and images for your listing.
Product Details – How To Sell On Souq?
On this page you will need to fill in all the details with regards to the products / items that you wish to sell on Souq. Kindly note it is very important to be as precise and specific as possible.
Tip: Please keep an eye on the Seller Helper. This feature will guide you in submitting accurate information about your product and offer during the listing process. Seller Helper will appear vertically alongside the fields which you are working on.
Product Image Details – How To Sell On Souq
Here you can upload the image for the products that you choose to sell on Souq. You can drop multiple pictures in one shot or even upload them individually. It can be done by the usual method of drag-and-drop too.
Pricing – How To Sell On Souq?
This section deals with the pricing part with regards to the product that you are selling. You can input the details about the offer that you are running too.
(Tip: Define your value proposition. This can be through pricing, free shipping, unique bundles, extended warranties etc. When your offer is unique or competitively priced, it’s more likely to sell. Selling on Souq.com is no different from selling your product at a highly trafficked shopping center. Traffic is abundant, so the main question is how enticing your overall offer is, especially with savvy, comparison shopping, online Buyers!)
Review & Confirmation.
Once you are done filling in all the offer details, you need to review your submission details. If everything looks fine, click on “Confirm Listing” Button, and you’re done.
(Important: If you have listed a new product that doesn’t exist in the catalogue; Souq’s Content Team will review your listed product before activating it on site. This process aims to confirm alignment with our listing policies, and to ensure that the content provided for this product is clear and accurate and for buyers. If your listing is not approved within 24 hours, please check your listings/seller dashboard for rejected items. )
1. Keep your listings up to date: To ensure optimal customer satisfaction and maximize your sales potential it is essential that you review your listings regularly. A checklist to monitor includes: stock availability, competitive pricing, new offers, and the status of your listings (which ones need to be re-activated or have been rejected and need to re-listed).
2. Keep adding more items: To make best use of the millions of Souq.com Customers and to increase sales, add new items regularly and ensure that your whole catalog is listed on Souq.com. More products mean more opportunities for sales.
1. Receiving and Confirming New Orders: Once your product is live on the website and you receive an order, you will be alerted via email notification. You can also verify such orders by logging into your account on Souq.com.
3. Shipping Orders: Now that you have your Airway Bill and product is all packed, you’re ready to ship and you will need to coordinate with the specified courier on your Airway Bill (either Aramex or Q-express). The designated courier should contact you within 24 hours of your order confirmation. If this does not occur please contact the courier immediately to make arrangements.
4. Customer Complaints Resolution: Always make sure to review and resolve any customer complaints promptly, either directly or with the Souq.com Customer Service department when applicable. Remember, the better your customer ratings, the greater your chance of repeat purchases and also attracting new, first time buyers.
1. Your Bank Info: In order to be paid, please add your valid bank details into the “My Account” section of your seller dashboard. It is advisable to review the details before saving them.
2. Requesting a Withdrawal: To withdraw from your available amount, simply click on “Withdrawal” and fill in the amount you wish to withdraw. The withdrawn amount will get credited to your Bank account in the next 72 hours.
Prohibited / Restricted Product List:
The following products are prohibited & restricted from selling on Souq;
- Adult Only Category
- Animals & Wildlife products
- Drugs & Drug Paraphernalia
- Government related documents
- Hoverboards, electronic jammers, pirated hardware, etc.
- Hazardous & Regulated Materials
- Currency Selling/Exchange
- Weapons & Firearms
Hope you have learnt about How To Sell On Souq. In case of any queries or doubts as such, kindly mention them in the comments section below and we will find solutions to them asap.
– Where can I get a good Souq Clone script?
You can get a good Souq clone script with apps from Prime Fusion.
– How to sell on Souq from India, Australia, UK, US, Malaysia and Singapore?
Souq is available only in the Middle East Countries, therefore it is not possible for one to sell from other countries.