Here’s a detailed guide on How To Sell On Flipkart!
Why sell on Flipkart?
when you can start your own Flipkart like site instantly!
Click HERE to Start NOW!
With the e-commerce sector booming at its maximum potential in India – thanks to the various different portals like Flipkart, Amazon, Ebay etc has revolutionized the online shopping experience for Indian consumers. Innovative models like cash on delivery and same day delivery backed by low prices has spurred more customer to purchase online, making Flipkart – India’s largest player on this platform. Flipkart registered a revenue of over 1 billion USD as revenue in the back financial year which has been significantly backed by its customer base of over 7.5 crore registered users. With over 50 lakhs of shipments in a month and about 1 crore daily page visits, the opportunities that are available for sellers on the platform are limitless.
With customers preferring to stay in their comfort zones and sellers trying to bridge this gap between the customer and the marketplace, e-commerce portals have acted as the middle men to make this business plan a rapid success and take it to the next level. In this article we look at the details on How To Sell On Flipkart.
1. Authorization to sell in India.
2. Selling first hand and genuine products on Flipkart.
3. Selling Modes; You can sell on Flipkart in the following forms:
- Individual or Sole Proprietorship
- Private Limited Company
- LLP or Partnership Firm
- Trust & Foundation
4. Minimum 10 unique products.
1. PAN Card
2. VAT Id
3. Bank Account
How does it work?
Like every other platform out there. The process of registering on Flipkart is similar to them all. The process is quite simple and hassle free. After you’re done with the registration process of being a seller, you have to enlist all the products that you plan on selling via the platform. The product that you’re uploading should meet all the eligibility criteria on the company’s terms and conditions. Once your product goes live, it is available for customers to view and purchase. You’ll notified via your registered email address whenever a customer makes a purchase request. On delivery confirmation of the product at the customer’s choice of location, the payment will be wired to your bank account after deduction of the commission fee charged by Flipkart.
How to register as a seller on the website?
You can register as a seller on Flipkart via their official seller’s website.
Post your registration starts the fun bit, where you list all your products and the operations part begins.
Step 1 – List your products
Flipkart has a dedicated self serve tool where you can upload your products hassle free. You can even choose to request Flipkart’s help, in the listing of your product to make it look more attractive and fill in with the right content. A photo shoot session can also be planned accordingly, to provide HD quality images. The catalog for your product will be curated by industry experts thereby making the selling of product easier by giving you a competitive edge.
Step 2 – Sell Across India
Sell your products to customers anywhere across India without worrying about your product being hampered on the go. Thereby as a seller you are now entitled to serve a larger customer base and thereby maximize your products. With the onboard tools you can analyze and build strategies on how to serve to the customers and put smiles on their faces.
Step 3 – Ship With Ease
With Flipkart’s association with a third party Logistics firm, you can now enjoy hassle free pick up services at no cost and sell your products to customers across the country. As a seller you don’t have to worry about the packaging of your product, as it is taken care of by the Logistics team.
With Flipkart’s dedicated Analytics team, sellers can now get reports on what customers are looking to buy in the coming months. Based on these reports sellers can list their products online and enjoy more exposure and visibility. If you’re product is one amongst the Trends of the season, be sure to stack more of those products in your godowns as they might just take sales off the roof for you in that season.
Flipkart is know for making the fastest payments in the industry. Payments are made within 7-14 working days and Flipkart charges a certain small amount as commission on every successful order.
Here’s what the Pricing Structure is like;
Your Settlement Amount = Order Item Value – MarketPlace Fee – Service Tax on MarketPlace Fee.
The MarketPlace Fee includes the following items
- Commission Fee.
- Shipping Fee.
- Collection Fee.
- Fixed Fee.
To ensure ease of selling and the best possible customer experience, Flipkart mandates delivery to all their customers via their logistics partners and deduct the shipping cost from the selling price before making the final settlement to the seller.
Shipping fee is calculated on actual weight or volumetric weight, whichever is higher. This is to account for items which are lightweight but occupy a lot of shipping space.
Local (Intracity): Item shipped within a city.
Zonal (Intrazone): Item shipped within the borders of a zone (North, South, East, West).
National (Interzone): Item shipped across zones.
Selling on Flipkart Benefits.
– Flipkart Growth Capital: With Growth Capital, Flipkart provides its sellers with convenient access to financial assistance for their business needs. Through their network of trusted partners, sellers are entitled to capital at competitive rates, with zero collateral and quick turnaround time. Thereby, grow your business faster on Flipkart.
– Training: With dedicated training programmes set aside your worries about selling online. Flipkart equips you with all the modern day jargons and strategies that are required to make your business a success story over the platform. The training program covers various topics like cataloging, order fulfilment, and merchandising.
– Smart Fulfilment: Flipkart promises you maximum returns at minimum investments. Store your goods at Flipkart’s state of the art godown centres at low costs. Utmost care of your products are taken at these centres and you are also assured of Quality Checks by experts and relinquishing packaging services of your product.
Here’s a quick summary of what you need to know; i.e. How To Sell On Flipkart.
- Register yourself as a seller on the seller.flipkart.com.
- List a minimum of 10 products under specific product categories.
- Once an order is received, pack the product and mark it as ‘Ready to Dispatch’. The logistics partner will pick up the product and deliver it to the customer.
- Once an order is successfully dispatched, Flipkart will settle your payment within 7-14 business days.
Hope you have learnt How To Sell On Flipkart. Post all your related queries and comments in the section below and we’ll get back to you with solutions to your queries!
How to apply & get VAT number?
What is a BIS number? Is it required to import goods from China? How do we get it?