iCloud is a feature available to Apple users where a user can save his/her photos, contacts, mails, reminders, notes and calendar. If you’ve already saved your contacts on iCloud you need not be worried about losing your contacts, in case you lose your phone. The restore process is very simple. In this article lets look into how to restore contacts from iCloud to iPhone.
Here are the steps you need to follow in order to restore your contacts from iCloud:
Step 1. Open ‘ Settings ‘ present on your home page.
Step 2. Open ‘iCloud‘.
Step 3. Turn ON the white switch next to ‘ Contact ‘. If it is already turned ON, switch it OFF and then turn it ON again to initiate the download. An option will pop up asking you what to do with your existing contacts. Choose the ‘ Delete ‘ option.
Step 4. Then you’ll be asked if you want to merge your contacts with your iCloud. Choose to ‘ Merge ‘ contacts.
Step 5. Open your Contact app. Check your contacts there.
Hope you learnt How to restore contacts from iCloud to iPhone. If you have any questions, do let us now in the comments below.
* How do I upload contacts to my iCloud account ?
Just turn on the white switch next to ‘ Contacts ‘ in the iCloud setting on your iPhone.
* Can I download the contacts on my iCloud to my computer ?
Yes, there are apps available for it.
* How to backup iPhone on iCloud?
Settings > iCloud > Backup > On
* Apart from the iCloud, what other third party cloud options are there to backup my iPhone?
You can backup your iPhone on Dropbox or Google Drive
* Can Android users also backup their contacts in the iCloud?
No. iCloud is exclusively for Apple users and needs an Apple ID.
* Is the iCloud usage FREE for all iPhone users? Is there any usage limit?
Apple gives the user 5 GB of free space on iCloud. Further increase in storage requires payment.
* How to delete the contacts in iCloud permanently?
You can turn off the option to backup your contacts, your contacts on iCloud will be deleted.