Booking a ride via Uber is as simple. Follow the steps:
How to install it?
1. Go to Google Play Store -or- the Apple app store
2. Type Uber in the search bar
3. Choose the search result that shows Uber, as shown in the below image.
4. Press Install so the app gets installed in your Mobile phone & appears as an icon on your home screen
On your mobile phone search for the installed UBER app icon & tap it to open.
5. Press Sign In, if you have an Uber account ( Register, if you do not have one )
Now, Assuming that you do not have an existing account in Uber,
6. You can either register using your Facebook or Google account, in case you have one.
If not, enter the basic regular details on the screen displayed.
You would need to add a Credit Card, for automatic & seamless billing after each ride gets complete ( You can also take a picture of your credit card via. the app & the details will be added automatically )
7. Press Next and you can start availing the service.
( Next time you want to open the app, just tap the app icon on your mobile & it will go directly to the below screen )
8. Tap the button that reads SET PICKUP LOCATION to choose the pickup location from where you would like to start your travel.
9. Google Maps automatically detects your location. Press Next, if that is the chosen pick up location ( or you can also enter your location manually )
10. Choose the car type you would want for your ride – it can be UberX, Black Car, Rush, Taxi depending on the urgency, comfort & pricing ( Eg: The Black car will send you a bit more luxury limousine like a Lincoln )
11. As you choose one of them (Uber Taxi, for example), you will be asked for confirmation of location and the payment mode as per your preference.
12. Press Request UberX for the cab to arrive at your place
13. In case you have a promo code, press promo code option and avail discounts. Otherwise, you enter into the usual category of fare quote.
In the background UBER contacts all the drivers in the vicinity ( via. the special app UBER drivers have installed in their mobile phones ).
14. Once a driver accepts your ride, the following screen appears which shows all the required information: Estimated Time of Arrival ( ETA ), Minimum Fare, How many people can maximum sit, Base fare etc.
You can also check the score of the driver, his picture & a little bit information about him, the type of car with a picture of the same, Car registration number etc.
If you are OK with it, you can proceed to the next step.
You can see the car arriving towards you on the map ( the car icon moves exactly as in real time ). Once the car reaches your pickup location, you will get a notification of the same. You also get to see the contact number of the driver by tapping on his profile & when you tap Contact Driver, you can speak to him as well.
11. As soon as the destination arrives, the app prompts you with the total fare incurred. You can make the payment ( Different countries have different modes of payment. In a majority of the countries, the payment is taken automatically from the Credit card added in the account. In some countries direct cash payments to the drivers are allowed, Direct Paypal payments are also available )
15. After you press Submit, your ride closes and you get a digital receipt with all the information iterated.
You get the option to rate the driver. Rating is very important in UBER as the rides for the drivers increase or decrease based on passenger ratings. Similarly the driver also gets to vote for the passenger.
Note: The next time you login, you will be prompted to choose your previously visited location if cookies are enabled.
If you already have an account in Uber, the booking becomes simple as you need to follow the steps 8 to 16.
Also check out: